July 21, 2012

~Object 77~ A House

She built a house, unsure if it was on sand or rock; insecurity and doubt hindering each stone she stacked.  Should she place this one there, or hold it back?  Should she check harder, for sound footing?  Should she give up and tear the whole thing down, or just continue stacking?

It was all new territory for her, and it was wonderful most of the time, but worries and concerns still pushed their way between she and the stones she was stacking.  She had held off building her whole life, knowing it wasn't the right time, and now she wasn't sure if it was or not.  It felt too beautiful, the stones too grand... was it right?


She would stop worrying at all, and stack a row or two of beautiful, smooth stones, and then she would stop, in shock, wondering if she ought to have done that.  She was having to analyze everything she did, trying to be wise, but not fearful; trying to feel if the ground was sturdy or not, but not trusting her senses.


Apparently building a house is harder than it sounds.


Source

Source

Over and out,

~Emily

P.S.  Okay, I know it sounds rather petty and unimportant, but I would love it if you guys would continue to pray for me sleep.  I have continued to sleep poorly, and it is really starting to take its toll on me.  
I would love to be in prayer for you all, as well!  Please feel free to contact me any time, I love hearing from you.  
Blessings!





2 comments:

  1. Praying. Are you taking anything to help you sleep?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Hannah! no, I haven't taken anything yet... I think I will tonight, though. <3

      Delete